Late Breaking Abstract Submission
Essentials for all Abstracts
Please read the essentials for abstracts carefully:
- Abstracts can be submitted as oral or poster presentation.
- Abstracts must be prepared in English.
- Abstracts should be submitted online via the congress website. Abstracts received by e-mail, on paper or by fax cannot be accepted.
- For poster submissions, a maximum of 3 abstracts may be submitted by each author. If the author is not the presenter, a presenter must be added. A presenter is allowed to present up to 3 posters during the congress.
- Presenting authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation must register for the Congress and pay the required registration fee.
- Please note that a maximum of 300 words are allowed.
- Abstracts accepted as oral and poster presentations will be published in a dedicated online supplement of the Journal of Sexual Medicine (JSM) following to the ESSM Congress 2017 after being presented during the congress.
- Abstracts can be saved in draft status and completed before the deadline. The submission system will generate a temporary submission number that must be used in all correspondence. If you do not receive this number immediately after your submission, your abstract has not been registered.
- A title that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation should be provided.
- Abbreviations should be avoided in titles, but may be used in the text if they are defined at first usage.
- The abstract should be as informative as possible:
Objectives (indicate the purpose of the study or the hypothesis that was tested), Methods (include the setting for the study, the subjects, the diagnosis or intervention, and the type of statistical analysis. if references are needed, they should be given in the text). Results (present as clearly as possible the outcome of the study and statistical significance if appropriate) and Conclusions (briefly discuss the data and emphasize the significance of the results).
- Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
- Abstract submission must be accompanied by a declaration of any potential conflict of interest for all authors since scientific sessions are intended to focus on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the online scientific program from 1 February 2017.
Please follow carefully these instructions. Abstracts not prepared correctly will not be considered for presentation. Correction of abstracts cannot be accepted following to the deadline of 5 January 2017.
Authors will be informed on the acceptance of their abstracts by begin of January 2017. Please bear in mind that accepted abstracts will be published in the online JSM supplement only after completed registration and payment of the congress registration fee and presentation during the ESSM Congress 2017.